20080212

Really just hanging out

One of the things I find really strange about Bucuresti is the big number of people who are just "hanging out" on the streets. Every time I'm walking around I see at least a few people around on the streets who are just there, doing nothing. And they don't look like they are waiting for someone in particular either...

The ones I am thinking about look a little "shady", but I don't think they are actually:
* working with anything
* beggars
* robbers (at least they can't all be :p)
* prostitutes
* drugdealers

So who are they then? What are they doing? What's their story? Any ideas? Feel free to post in the comments...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always hang out with my friend from school on the way home on the corner where she goes to the left and i go forward, before saying goodbye.
We even named it :)
And it's a crucial spot for planning, gossiping and other activities.
We sometimes spend even 40 mins there i think.
So there you go, girls CHATTING on the way home might be an answer to your "mystery". :D

Anonymous said...

When I was a rocker-girl (you ll see many rockers/punkers just hanging around, mostly at the National Theater or at Romana Square rappers and hip-hopers)I used to hang around a lot. When for the otehrs we seemed to just do nothing we were actually chatting and waiting for the others to come - we were about 20 persons - so we can go to a club or concert or in park. We also did that sitting on the grass at Sala Palatului even doing a white night - we played guitars and all sang, ate and drink whatever we had, told stories etc. It s not a must to get drunk in a pub to feel good. Most of those who just 'hand around' don t really have money to go in a pub or whatever. There are only few answears...

Stef said...

people before me said about everything. that`s happening with young people from Bucharest. I also do that, I love to sit on a bench or on the stairs in front of the National Theatre of Bucharest, and look at other people on the street. Though for you might seem weird, it`s quite relaxing. But you have to know how to do it,otherwise you can`t relax :P [I`m just joking, of course you can do it. Just have some faith in...unconventional stuff :) ]

Per Christian Frankplads said...

Yeah, but none of you look shady in the way I mean... I'm talking about people who look a little weird, like they're not really part of society. :)